What did I do right?

I am still trying to figure out how I came to have such an amazing son. He has decided to do the laundry. He is 6 (almost 7).

He has helped me with the laundry off and on. His loved sorting the colors as a preschooler. He has always loved adding the soap. Now, we have a front-loading washer and dryer with see-through doors, so he watches the laundry spin. Finally, I showed him how to empty the pockets and allowed him to pour the soap on his own and he just took off.

He sorts the clothes, puts each load in a laundry basket, zooms it through the house, loads the washer, adds the soap, and starts it. He listens for the beep, moves stuff to the dryer, empties the dryer and piles it all on my bed. He collects dirty laundry and empty hangars. He wants to know what all the compartments on the washer are and how the soap actually goes in.

He empties the lint filter.

I feel I must make a video tape of this because in a few years he will never believe that he voluntarily did chores.

Comments

Unknown said…
Almost 7? oh boy. Time flies when we are having fun. (And I think you are right. In about 8 yreas, he's going to forget where the washing machine is, let alone how it should operate)

Popular posts from this blog

Worry beads

I've been gnomed!!!

Big purple mommy